Shima Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shima Forums: Naruto RP & Anime Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Term: "The Mary Sue" Should Not Exist - and on this forum DOESN'T

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jet
Hokage
Hokage
Jet

Term: "The Mary Sue" Should Not Exist - and on this forum DOESN'T  Empty
PostSubject: Term: "The Mary Sue" Should Not Exist - and on this forum DOESN'T    Term: "The Mary Sue" Should Not Exist - and on this forum DOESN'T  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:20 pm

Quote :
There are traits listed above that fit Naruto Characters (Like Jugo for stength or Ino for appearence). Not all Akatsuki Role Players don't go after tailed beasts, I was in an RP network and everything read above was involved with EVERYONE I knew. Me and somebody else (Whoever my partner was, I can't remember), went after Naruto the 9-Tails, and just because it's RP it can follow Canon story or a story entirely different. If Canon could not be involved there would be no Part I or Part II for an OC, or at least it would usually be different and require a specific timeline. Looks like RP and OC makin is getting really lame really fast thanks to people like Bjorn and well other troll's of his nature. A character can be incredibally strong but stupid and easy to manipulate, I'm assuming that is a sue? Having a Bijuu makes you a sue? Naruto = a mary sue...it doesn't matter if it's OC or Canon, anyone can do anything with their OC like it or not, and you have no right to take stuff down just because YOU don't like it, admin or not it's just rude. Also: Having a relationship in OCRP terms is a sue? Bull. Is and OC having a child a sue? Is an OC with "Made Up" kekkei genkai a sue? Is a Uchiha Clan member a sue because in the canon story they were all killed (Note: If canon's aren't aloud then that means the uchiha clan would still be alive...) and in an alternate reality if another OC wiped out the Uchiha is that a sue? This is ALL based on the person who is making the OC, on their imagination and how THEY want their character, NOT YOU!

That is what I posted on the Naruto Original's Wiki page "The Mary Sue".
I think the term and meaning take's all the fun out of RP. The difference between a "Mary Sue" and a "God Modder" is infinite.
"Marry Sue": Likes to have an epic RP session, every time around. likes to keep it interesting by altering the Canon Timeline shortly or drastically to his/her liking. The "Marry Sue" RP's with someone is is unaffected by, and can go along with, their storyline (Because it does not conflict)
God Modder: An idiot who wins every battle, can't get hurt, can't die (Swap-Immortality isn't god modding, I mean really who want's their OC to die? One of mine did but that's part of a grand story.)

Who is with me on the "Mary Sue" should not exist side and who is on the "Mary Sue's are just a bunch of idiot's who can't RP" side?

Footnote: I have created "Marry Sue" characters in the past, and guess what my IQ is 137
---------------------------

Ok you little "Marry Sue" haters gtfo my forums because you're not welcome here! Any "Marry Sue" Character is welcome here! What's a mary sue?
This is: http://narutooriginals.wikia.com/wiki/The_Mary_Sue (God Modding is still not alloud!)
Back to top Go down
http://originalnrpcommunity.chatango.com/ http://naruto-original

Term: "The Mary Sue" Should Not Exist - and on this forum DOESN'T
Page 1 of 1